Sunday, December 03, 2006

'Tis the Season


Oh shit, not another blank page. I’d rather be staring at a blank wall to paint this morning. But no such luck. The inside jobs are getting harder and harder to come by, especially with the economy turning to shit and every whack job without a job thinking they’re a painter. Yep, it’s a painter’s glut out there. Whatever.

Luckily, my finger healed adequately to get in some extra outside jobs during these last few weeks of w arm weather. And now, lucky you, it looks like it’ll be another winter of writing. With some extra cash in the bank and some time on my hands, I’m hoping to finish up a couple projects, spread the word wealth via my “other” name, and spread a whole lot of Snarky cheer. Stay tuned, my dear friends. Stay tuned.

My hobby of late has been to exercise John Odum over at the tight-assed Green Mountain Daily (see photo above). Poor guy, he obviously doesn’t get out much so I kind of took on a project to at least get his plump heart racing from time to time. It’s really not that hard. All I have to do is start spreading the snark amongst his sleepy diatribes and fawning fellow yawners and Odum goes all whacky. I think we’re up to about four Snarky aliases that Odum has frantically deleted from the roll over there.

I know, I know, it’s a really stupid hobby. But I get such a kick out of imagining Odum working himself up into a lather as he realizes his precious little site has been snarkified once again. Last Friday night, for example, it took Odum all of about 30 minutes to pull the plug on my “Baraka” alias. And that was only about 30 minutes after he yanked my “Abbey” login. He yanked that one while I was having a rather civil exchange with the Progressive darling – ponytail and all! – David Zuckerman.

Poor Odum, he just hates to lose control. But, please, no one spoil the secret by telling him he never had any. Let’s see if he can figure it out on his own.